and learn about the
Unity Theatre welcomes and encourages community involvement. Volunteers participate in almost all aspects of our operation, so there are many opportunities to learn about live theatre.
Some jobs require only an occasional hour or two, enabling workers to create their own schedules. Other jobs require major time commitments, but also offer greater learning experiences.
Our theatre staff provides a rewarding and educational experience for all volunteers. We offer positions that work side-by-side with professional artists, and we provide clear guidance.
Let us help you find the role that will best use your talents and make the greatest contribution. For more information, or to volunteer your services, please call 979-830-1460.
Pre-production positions begin six to eight weeks before a play opens. Workers create or locate costumes, sets and props, hang and focus lights, distribute promotional materials, etc. These positions require a variable amount of time and allow flexible schedules.
• Costume shop: shopper/scrounger, crafts person, construction, alterations
• Set: major carpentry, woodworking, painting, moving
• Props: shopper/scrounger, construction
• Electric: light installation, sound installation
• Facility: installations, repair, custodial, landscaping
• Publicity: distribute posters, cards and other materials
Front-of-house volunteers share the excitement of Unity Theatre with our patrons as they enter our doors. For this important area, workers must be friendly, courteous and good at trouble-shooting.
• Office Clerk